2011-11-4 17:36:14 版主
I love going to the mall.
A Clothing is pretty expensive in America. As a general rule prices are fixed, so don’t try bargaining for anything, except at some private sales and flea markets. Of course, when they buy a car, they will negotiate.
B Going shopping with foreigners is a good way to make friends with them. Especially in China, you can be the guide, and also learn to say a lot of common things in English.
C In American, people pay sales tax on many items that they buy. For example, clothing, cigarettes, soda, and gasoline are taxable items. However, they don’t pay sales tax on food at the grocery store, unless the food they buy is prepared and ready to eat (at a restaurant, a supermarket or deli.
2 Sample Sentences
1. The leather shoes were priced at 1,000 RMB.
2. You can always bargain here, but goods tend to come and go quickly so if you like it, buy it now!
3. Where can I buy an English - language newspaper?
4. I want something like this.
5. I like the blue one in the window.
6. What is it made of? Will this material shrink?
7. Is it color-fast / crease resistant / synthetic / pure cotton / silk / genuine leather / hand-made / imported / made here?
8. How long will it take to alter?
9. I’d like some shoelaces / shoe polish / moisturizing cream.
10. Can you show me how it works?