2012-2-1 11:51:02 版主
1. More and more employees work at home with modern technology. Some people claim that it benefits only workers, but not employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual people to address. We have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? /或Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position?
3. Recently we are facing increasing number of cars, which poses great threat to the pedestrians and cyclists. What’s more, a lot of parks need to be sacrificed as a result of the construction of railways and superhighways. Do you agree or disagree? What do you think is the best solution to satisfy residents to their heart’s content?或In most parts of the world, the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. In the form of an assignment, discuss about the main traffic problems in your country, their causes and possible solutions.
4. Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?
5. Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.
6. In the past people thought that education was only for young people. Now it is believed that education is for a person’s whole life. Do you agree? State with you own experience and specific details.
7. Some people think that examinations have some bad effects on both students and teachers.
Some people say they do a good job in the evaluation of the students’ performance. What is your opinion?
8. More and more women go out to work. Is it the government’s responsibility to subsidize them and provide free staff and facilities to care for their children? To what extent do you agree or disagree to this idea?
9. The development of science and technology benefit our life. However, scientists cannot find effective solutions to the problems they created. To what degree do you agree or disagree with this opinion? 或As technology develops, more shopping and business is done through the internet while communication face to face becomes less frequent. Is this a positive or a negative development?或 Nowadays, many people are using mobile phones. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this on individuals and society.
10. In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find jobs after graduation. What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and the society? Give reasons and make some suggestions.
11. A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
12.Nowadays there are various methods to relieve the pressure in modern life. Some read or exercise, others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress
13. In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it.To what extent do you agree or disagree?/ Some people think that machine translation is highly developed in today’s society. Therefore it is not necessary for children to learn a foreign language. What’s your opinion?
14. Should governments spend money on art, when they have so many other important issues and concerns? You should use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
15. Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality continuously, students are encouraged to make comments or even criticism on teachers. Others think the respect and discipline in the classroom will disappear. Which opinion do you prefer?